What isn't offered at The Cedars? Our diverse activities are available for anyone who's interested. All are optional.
Check out these fun activities:
- Outings ... even out of town
- Daily group exercise to music
- Book clubs
- Chapel and Bible study
- Bingo – at least twice a week – and always with snacks!
- Birthday party every first Wednesday of the month
- Men's and ladies' coffee groups
- Special events planned by resident groups
- Theme parties, such as a Hawaiian luau or Mexican fiesta
- Impromptu social gatherings among residents
- Residents' sharing
- Presentations by the McPherson Museum
- Visits from community groups, musicians and daycare and school age children who come to share a story
- Reading or book tapes—for residents who can't see well enough to read, we'll offer to read to them, or give them books on tape
- One-on-one time between a resident and a staff member
To volunteer your time to assist with Resident activities, contact our Activities Director or call 620.241.0919 ext. 136.
To facilitate conversation with their visitors, volunteers and staff, residents are encouraged to place a scrapbook about themselves in their rooms. This can contain information about the resident's background, family, interests, etc. It serves as a great conversation-starter and enables residents and others to become better acquainted and perhaps forge closer relationships.